Summer Update

For those of you who have been praying for me I offer my thanks. Your prayers have been carrying me through this summer. For those of you who are just interested in what I’ve been up to, thanks for thinking of me!

So I am done speaking at two camps and have one more to go this summer. It is a humbling privilege to be trusted to teach TRUTH to so many young ones. I am still in awe that God has called me to this but I am grateful. I’m pretty sure I learn as much if not more than the ones I share with!

Anyway my summer started at Luseland Bible Camp. What a joy to serve with my LBC family. As Anna and I drove to camp I looked at her and said, “It kind of feels like we are headed home doesn’t it?” She was quick to agree! God has worked in our lives so mightily in that place that it does indeed feel like home. Anyway I left Anna there for staff training and then enjoyed a couple of delightful days with my big sister in Kindersley.

It is always a blessing to work out at LBC, the director Marilyn, is such a blessing in my life as is the staff she so prayerfully builds. Those youth and young adults bless me in so many ways! I would name names but I would leave someone out I’m sure, just know that you all mean the world to me and I can’t wait to serve with you again!

 
My favourite LBC story this year goes like this... Anna was able to pray with a young lady last summer who wanted to live her life for Jesus. J grew a lot this past year and was on staff as a dishwasher this year and through God’s wonderful plan, she was able to pray with another young lady, K who was ready to commit her life to Christ... it was a thrill for Anna and me to see the ripple effect of faith. What a joy! I celebrated my birthday out at LBC as well. I felt very loved but those 50 campers and dozen or so cabin leaders! We enjoyed the Seeker stories together and learned a lot about seeking after the true treasure of Jesus Christ.
Anna at LBC
Then it was home for a week to regroup and enjoy my niece and nephew. It was a difficult week as well as we had to put our much beloved 11 year old pup down. It was hard to leave my family after that but it was time to head to a new adventure at Kenosee Lake Bible Camp...

I will admit I was nervous to head to a ‘new to me’ camp. I didn’t know how I would fit or if they would ‘get’ me. I had a great week. It was a much larger camp 110 kids and a lot more staff! But it was great joy to serve with them. I love getting to know new folks and wow did I ever get to meet a lot of people! I am thankful for the interactions that happened and made some great friends this week. I even got some baby snuggles with the camp directors (Bran and Allison) lil guy Ethan. Chapel was great with so many enthusiastic campers. Our week was spent exploring the great race of faith and what it means to fix our eyes on Jesus. We had a great time with skits and interactive stories! By the end of the week I was feeling well loved and secure in knowing that I was right where God had wanted me. It was great to end the week with Bobby coming up for last chapel and spending that last night and closing morning with me.

Next up is Torch Trail Bible Camp, the whole family is coming with me so that will be exciting. I am looking forward to meeting another group of staff and campers. I can’t wait to see what God does next!

What I have learned so far is that God can use me no matter what.... no matter how inadequate I feel, no matter how ill prepared I think I am, God is faithful to use a willing heart. God is showing me much about dependence this summer as I function through migraines and other stresses. The hours I spend in His Word refresh and rejuvenate my spirit. I so appreciate the people He puts in my path to encourage and challenge me. You know who you are!

Thanks for praying with me this summer as I continue to serve the Most High King!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years