Rainy Days

Nothing like a rainy day to make you want to curl up with a good book! however it will be a house cleaning day today! Once we get the sleep-over gang back to their own homes :)
We have officially started birthday season around here! Brenna's 12th birthday party/sleep-over was last night. Anna's sweet 16 party is in ONE week! and we will finish up with Emily's 14th birthday on the 15th. I also have a whole slew of meetings in the next week or so which means even though synchro season is finished I am still way too busy!
Speaking of synchronized swimming... Provincials went really well! Anna scored a personal best in her solo and Brenna's team did well in the face of adversity (one of their team mates got sick and had to be cut at the last minute) We got Brenna out of last place in the figure competition. It was a good family weekend!
We also went to the Truth Matters tour. The girls quite enjoyed their first taste of Sean McDowell. He is this generations most eloquent apologist (sp??) Anyway Bobby admires him a great deal and we actually had the opportunity to visit with him for a few moments so it was pretty great...
So what else has been happening around here? Well I received my 4th call to speak at Bible camp this summer. I got to say YES! SO this summer I will be speaking at LBC, KLBC and Torch Trail. I had to say no to Dallas Valley. I am so excited to go to each of these places. I am scared too that I will fall flat on my face! I am starting to prepare but as of yet God is still juts dealing with me and getting me back to where I need to be. This is a pretty usual process. First I get good and excited and then God reminds me that I need to get right with Him on a few things and then all of a sudden one day the outline for camp just sort of hits me!. I am getting close to that point. I can feel the wheels in my head spinning constantly and I find myself thinking really big thoughts! It's fun! Anna has been a great sounding board for me.
I love the place where I am at with my 16 year old, I am still her mother but we are good friends as well. I think we have a good balance but you would have to ask her to be sure ;)

now that I have rambled on and on I should start cooking breakfast and getting on with the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years