Easing back into blogging




Which means I will not be answering the next 30 Questions question! It's about significant childhood memories so that will be for another day!

So what's up in my life? Guess I will tell you all about August. Torch Trail Bible Camp went well. It was more challenging than I had expected and I was very very tired by the time the week was over. As we headed to our family vacation in Prince Albert National Park I was hit with a 'camp crash' that went way beyond anything I had experienced in a very long time. Suffice to say it was 24 hours of misery for all of my family but that is for another blog as well.

The girls at Torch
Highlights from Torch include a young gal who declared at the end of the week "I know that I am worth God's love." Makes it all worthwhile right there folks. I don't need any other compliment or persuasion to do it all over again next summer.












Our family vacation in Waskesui was AMAZING. We went on hikes, played on the beach, beach combed to our hearts delight, watched sunsets and stars, played silly card games and watched all kinds of wild life up close and personal. We even went to a really silly play called The Roamin' Bison which had my girls rolling their eyes and loving it all at the same time. We even got to do some shopping and enjoy an ice cream cone or two or three!
Brenna
Emily


Anna
 
Playing rummy


Campfire on the Beach


 Then it was time to head to Medicine Hat for cousins' Cody and Camellia's wedding. It was a really fun weekend for all. The girls danced the night away with all the little cousins and of course the dance master cousin Todd!

Then it was home for a week of downtime. We barely left the house except for Bobby who had to go back to work!

Aspen came back Aug 20 and life began to take on some routine for a very brief moment and then the renos started on our house. So now we are in the midst of  a couple of weeks of banging and pounding and replacing windows and siding. Cannot wait for the finished product!. It hasn't been without it's mishaps but in the end all will be well.

This week, we buy school supplies, head to Minot overnight for one last summer family get away and enjoy a long weekend at home visiting with my parents who are coming home from their vacation! We can't wait to see them! we have missed them a lot this month!
 
What's coming up in the fall? The usual business of school, football and synchronized swimming of course but now we add in Anna's new job of cleaning an office, me teaching Sunday School, Bobby becoming an usher at church and Emily's school sports. Life will be busy for sure but I trust we will all stay sane and enjoy it immensely!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years