January Recap

So the first month of 2015 has pretty much come and gone. It was a good month I'd say. It passed quickly enough.

Some of the highlights include the insanely mild temperatures! While we are usually in a deep freeze this time of year it was not uncommon for my girls to run to school in just their hoodies (sweatshirts for my non-SK friends) and forget mittens and toques (or winter hats-- again for you non-SK folk.)

I don't know that I would call my surgery a highlight but I am thankful it went so well, even if I do look like I have two belly buttons now and certain... ummm 'foundation garments' are no longer comfortable to wear but I feel better and have made some significant diet changes that have resulted in me feeling so healthy and losing all the weight I had put on in the past year so good comes out of bad... or something like that.

The girls have finished off semester 1 of their grade 12,11 and 9 school years. All did well and maintained great averages, so very proud of them. They will begin semester 2 tomorrow and over all they are looking forward to the classes and teachers they have.
As a side note I have to tell a story about how awesome one of AnnaRose's teachers is... there is a small group of students who got in the habit of taking lunch with this teacher but it turned out that he wouldn't have the same lunch in sem 2.. he went to the effort of changing his schedule so that he could still sit and visit with these kids. It wasn't a difficult change for him but it made a huge impression on my girl that a teacher cared that much about her and her friends. Way to go Mr L :)

We booked our family summer holiday last night... 6 months is a long time to anticipate a get away but it feels good knowing it's coming!

So that was January. I didn't take many pictures but here's a favorite or two from the park the other day.
Such a blue sky...

such a nice day, even the squirrels came out to play!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years