Let's Pray!

 
 
So you think Abraham's will be intimidating? I know I did. If you got o EAC, you know what I am talking about. If you don't go to EAC... Abraham's is a group of prayer warriors that has been meeting together on Mondays for ... oh forever (20 years plus). I have long wanted to join their ranks but always felt a little... unworthy.
 
I was afraid to go, afraid I wouldn't even know who they were talking about and that I would have nothing to add to the group. Yes I know these are convenient excuses. Really it boils down to I thought I was too busy and well that I was... unworthy. Yeah I know, I said that already.
 
I have felt the call to go strongly for weeks now but I kept 'forgetting'. You know Sunday morning I would be all 'yeah yeah I'm going to go..." and Tuesday morning I would be going "oh yeah, I really meant to go last night..."
 
I had a visit with my pastor this week and we talked about all the things that were holding me back. We talked about how I felt unworthy, that I thought the Abraham's were like the pillars of the church. He said something that I will never forget... basically it was; yes, they are the pillars of the church and the best way you can honor them is to go pray with them.
 
The other thing he made me do... ok, strongly recommended was that I set an alarm on my cell phone for every Monday so that every Monday I would have to make the choice to go or not. No more excuses.
 
So today was Monday and today I went to pray. It wasn't intimidating, it wasn't weird. I pray for these things anyway, this was just a time of focused intercession. I came away blessed and refreshed.
It was an honour to sit with some of my spiritual mentors and to pray with them, just to sit with the Saviour and lay our church family at His feet . Not sure why I waited so long... join us in two weeks if you want to. I know you will be as welcomed as I was :)
 
Trust me, you won't have to pray in front a huge group, we break into pairs, as long as there are four or more I'm told. If you want to learn how to pray for others? This is the place to do it. Just don't forget a pen and notebook or you'll never keep track!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years