Friday!

We made it to Friday, some weeks that really feels like a great accomplishment! 
My week has actually been pretty slow, no busy days in the day care, no running in the evenings, IT was kind of a hunker down and stay warm kind of week. The frigid temps stole any ambition to do anything! Bobby and the girls had pretty average weeks of busy but somehow it didn't affect me much.
I met with my anesthesiologist on Monday and I quite like him. His will be a nice face to see before I get knocked out. The anesthetic is honestly my least favorite part of surgery. I absolutely hate that sinking feeling just before you fall asleep. It usually sets off system wide panic. Knowing that Dr. D is kind and gentle and now aware of my issues helps a great deal. Just maybe it won't be so bad this time and so far I have managed not to come down with a cold! I have a lingering hint of a cold but nothing too serious.
So far I have managed to keep up with book-ending my day with my two chosen devotionals. The only switch I made was reversing the order in which I was reading them. I appreciate how often they relate to each other. Both are good reminders to slow down and rest. It's a good practice and mostly I'm not struggling with it.
I am grateful for the slower week leading up to my surgery. It's nice to know I'm well rested and mostly relaxed. My surgery is first thing Monday morning and I expect I'll be in the hospital overnight and then home for a relatively short recovery. Thankful that Bobby was able to take the week off to spend at home with me. Then it will be back to work on Monday with some help from Mama if I need it.
That's my week in a nutshell, other than the joys of replacing our water heater on Monday it was a pretty uneventful week for us and I'm ok with that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years