Busy Day

It's been a busy Sat. After sleeping in I woke up with the realization that as wonderful as my break has been it was time to get back at it especially since I have surgery coming up in just 10 days.

And so I started by folding the last of this weeks laundry, tidied my room a bit, undecorated the tree, packed up all the festive pretties save my winter village and snowmen! Then it was time for lunch after which I mopped floors and tidied my room a bit more. The girls and Bobby were busy as well and between the five of us we got our house pretty much back in order... it's by no means perfect but we are ok with that. We have a bit more work to do tomorrow in the basement to get to get it ready for the 'littles' but all in all I think I'm ready to start the new year.

As I get my house in order I can't help but think about other areas of my life that need to brought into order. There is much that is out of control still and it makes my life quite messy. Generally this brings out feelings of great anxiety but this year I mostly feel challenged and maybe even a bit exhilarated by the challenge of bringing that which is out of order into order.

I'm not really one for sharing my goals as that tends to derail me right off the bat but I will say that the things that are most important to me this year are getting my finances straightened out and even more importantly book-ending my day with a time of bible reading, journaling and prayer.

I was quite tickled yesterday when the two devotional books I've chosen this year had essentially identical thoughts. Both reminded me to choose the better thing. The story of Mary and Martha was the subject of both. How like God to remind me of that which He so lovingly taught me this past summer. It's not about the 'busy' it's really all about the 'rest.' Spending time with Jesus resting is what will give me the energy to do the rest.

Part of my 'busy' today was to prepare a way to encourage the 'rest.' Books, Bible and journal and pen now have a place right by my bed. I am looking forward to building the habit I have longed for all my life. It's time to let go of the baggage that has prevented me from enjoying this ritual that encourages time spent at the feet of Jesus.


Farewell to the 2014 Christmas Season

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years