Catching Up

Nothing like major surgery to set you back. I hadn't planned on life coming to a standstill for a week or for the following week (this one) to be so tiring and yeah well I'm not complaining exactly, just trying to put things in perspective.

So surgery went well... Dr says my gallbladder was a mess but it came out easy, stay away from fat for a long time, get your stitches out in 12 days, come see me in a month... go home, rest. Yep that's about it. I really had no idea how tired I would be during recovery. I'm getting through but I'm pretty wiped out by the end of the day!

So it's been almost two weeks since surgery, stitches come out tomorrow and then we'll see if I can get back to things like driving, doing laundry and light housekeeping. I cannot wait to get these pesky stitches out... there are 4 incisions of various sizes, all small but all in the most inconvenient places... to say that I have been driven insane by them is not much of an exaggeration...

The kids in the day home have been great, they are picking up the toys and climbing where they need to get to when I can't lift them so that's all good too. Mom hasn't had to help as much as we thought. Glad for independent little ones. Sure couldn't handle a babe in arms right now! I feel bad that we have had to miss outside fun in this beautiful weather but just not up to getting everyone bundled and outside :(

I guess what I didn't expect was that all the good habits I had been working to establish would just *poof* cease to exist and how hard it would be to pick them up again. Trying to convince myself I can start again and it doesn't matter that two weeks have slipped away from me is hard.

Lest this blog seem too depressing let me tell you some of what I am grateful for in all this:

- I didn't react badly to the anesthetic... no upset stomach at all. It took a few days for the effects to wear off but all in in it was a good experience
- I can see God's hand in the small details... things like acquiring a couch that is super comfy for me to sleep on awhile ago. I wasn't able to sleep in our bed for the first week so it was a real blessing to have that couch!
- I was super thankful to have Bobby home to deal with all the everyday things like letting puppy's out and making sure our girls' lives didn't derail while I was so out of it!
-I feel better everyday

The past weeks have been fairly uneventful save for keys getting locked in a vehicle when the spare keys were in another city... but that's a story for another day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years