Looking Ahead... 2015 a year of celebration

So this blogging thing is good for me so I'm going to try and keep it up. Not going to call it a resolution or a even a goal... just an idea worth trying :)

New Year's Eve as is our family tradition was spent together, playing cards, watching movies and eating munchies. The most special moments are always those we set aside to reflect on the year behind us and look forward to the year ahead. That hour often becomes the highlight of my year.

This year's conversation didn't disappoint. As I think back to the early years of these conversations I smile because the conversations were so simple, these days we get into some pretty heavy stuff but that's ok. My girls have hearts full of compassion and care and so we share deeply. I wouldn't dream of having it any different.

Anyway! Back to the look ahead- after 2 very difficult years, this family is ready to enter a season of celebration! There is much to be excited for in the next 12 months, things we can say with relative certainty will happen!

In the Spring we will be celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary! What a privilege that will be! The whole family (or at least the majority) will be meeting in Banff in April to celebrate with Mom and Dad, not only their anniversary but Mom's 70th birthday. (and to think it's only 30 years until my kids can do the same for me! he he)

It will be a big year of celebration for Anna as well a she will graduate from High School in June! How grateful we have been for this last year at home! I look forward to seeing her shine as she completes her high school career! You can bet we will  soak every minute of celebration out of that day! We will send her off to Encounter or PolyTech with joy knowing she is following her path and becoming an independent adult!

We will celebrate birthdays and special occasions. Brenna will get her learner's licence, Emily and Anna will get their first jobs. We will enjoy one final Synchro Water Show with our daughters. We will anticipate Anna's homecoming at Christmas time and so many other moments I haven't even imagined yet.

We will choose joy this coming year as we celebrate milestones and the everyday things. The season of mourning is passed and it is time to laugh again.

2015 holds much promise. I'm sure there will be sadness, there always is but when this year is over I hope to say it was a good one... a year filled with celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years