Day 2 June 1

When I was a little kid, one of the highlights of June 1 was that I knew I would be able to make a long distance phone call to my very best friend. June 1 for my whole life has simply been known as Troy's birthday. This morning when I woke up, my initial thought was it's Troy's birthday and then I remembered that this is the second year that it isn't anymore... oh it's still his birthday, it always will be, but he won't age anymore... he'll always have passed away when he was 41. And now on June 1, I will simply remember him and smile. I will think of his widow and his sons, his sisters and brother and I will send a text to his mama to let her know I am thinking of her today.






It's a funny thing, I planted a rose bush in his memory this year along with two other bushes, one for Leslie and another for Tessa... so far his is the only one that has really taken off and is right full of snowfire buds ready to blossom. It's sentimental of me to think so but I like to imagine that he is sending a gentle hello and in about 5 weeks time when it is my birthday, I will pick a beautiful rose from that bush and remember all the years of birthdays shared and maybe I won't miss his call or message quite so much. 🌹




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years