Day 4- Saturday Stuff

When the roses bloom the tulips get cut back to make room for the flowers that bloom in the summer... and by this time, they look pretty awful anyway!
I really love flower gardening, I like pulling weeds, tilling the soil, watering my flowers in the evening. I love the beauty that follows.
It reminds me of life. As I pull weeds, God speaks to me of sin and bad habits, the things I need to pull from my life. When I cut back the tulips I realize that like my favourite flower, sometimes we have to cut back things for a season so other things can grow. If I didn't water my flowers they wouldn't last very long in this often dry hot climate of southeast SK and the same goes for relationships in my life, if I don't take care of them, they too will wither away instead of blooming into beauty. If you don't understand how to take care of a certain kind of flower, you either have to learn or risk killing it off. The same thing happens with a new friendship.
Flowerbeds area pretty great representation of life in my estimation. Beauty rarely just happens... you have to work at it, at least a little bit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years