Did this have to be the next One More Thing???

So my car died on Saturday... and not in a small, simple to fix way. Nope, not my beast. It is a super big problem with a price tag to match... heavy sigh.
As upset as I am, I know there are far greater problems and I can work around this one for as long as it takes us to save up for the repair. If I believed yesterday that 'Beauty exists in everything,' I have to believe it today even though there are super crappy circumstances in our life.
It kind of sucks when we have to practice what we preach or live out what we say we believe. When we are dealt a blow, we get to choose how we respond. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty upset and feeling really quite at a loss as to what we do next but I do know that I can choose to be overcome by it or I can choose to overcome it. I'll let you know which side wins 😉

Also my sabbatical from Facebook begins again today, mostly because I use it as an escape and that isn't always healthy for me. It was a valuable tool in being part of the community at large as we began the grieving process together but it's time for me to step away for a time and refocus. This time without my car will, in a strange way, also facilitate my need for quiet and solitude. I see many hours in my flower beds in the coming days 😊

And last bit of news for today, we are lowering the list price on the house for the final time. If it sells in the next few weeks, we would be so very grateful. If it doesn't, I think we will consider taking it off the market and just hunkering down until such time as we feel like we can deal with it again.

Life is certainly full of challenges and uncertainties at the moment but it is most certainly giving us many opportunities to lean in and trust that God is good.

Listening to this song on repeat... it is the cry of my heart right now: https://youtu.be/gGUo0-A_Gz8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years