30 Blogs in 30 Days with a twist

So a good friend of mine and fellow blogger, Tim Pippus, will once in awhile give himself a 30 blogs in 30 days challenge. I always enjoy those months and I've been inspired to take on the challenge for myself as I really do want to get back in the habit of writing in a journal and recording important moments. I want to add a component to my challenge though... I want to make a point of sharing something that spoke to me in my quiet time, just keeping a regular habit of quite time will be the real challenge honestly! I find myself quite thirsty for the words of my Saviour and rather than keep it to myself I want to add it to my blog. I suspect that verses will lead into stories about the days happenings or memories that want to be shared.

As September is always a difficult month of readjusting to schedules and usually times of change and stress, it is often an anxiety inducing month for me. I am doing well but have noticed my sleep patterns are way off. There is much insomnia and overall inability to truly rest. I recognise this is often the first step into an 'anxiety spiral' but because I can recognize it I can battle it! And I am choosing to use God's word, His truth to do so.


This morning my reading took me to Jeremiah 31:25 which says 'I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.' No my parents always taught me that to truly understand or appreciate a verse you should 'get to know it's neighbors.' I take this advice to heart quite often and so I went looking at the rest of this passage and found that for me the true encouragement came from verse 26, "At this, I woke up and looked around. My sleep had been very sweet.' I love that! As Jeremiah slept, God spoke to him and his sleep was sweet. God understands our need for rest, He created us that way and he provides rest for the weary and strength for the weak.

Anyone want to join me on this little idea? I'd love to hear what is speaking to you as you find rest and encouragement in your daily life. What speaks to you?

Comments

  1. Very cool! I am looking forward to reading what you find. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years