Perspective

I've been thinking about this word a lot for the last few days. Perspective changes everything. How we percieve any action or event shapes our days, our life even. We can choose to be a victim or a voictor. We can choose to see the good or the bad.
Take this past weekend. brenna came in last for her synchro figures again... she has placed last all season. BUT she improved her personal best by almost 7 points so it is a success. Her team placed last in the routine portion but they improved their score by almost 20 points so it is a success.

I am amazed at how often my perception is negative. It is so easy to see the bad, to expect the worst, to be disappointed. I like to think I am a positive person but so often I am not but I can choose to be.
Instead of seeing the bad I shall look for the good.
The other thing that really made me think about this was, of all things, a Kenny Roger song... if you haven't listened to it lately or ever... check out   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K3DI07Ibb4 and just see if it doesn't make you smile :)
I am sure there was more I wanted to say but my attention is needed elsewhere at the moment so that's it for today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years