Pure Joy


I feel like I have taken a drink from this beautiful river of pure mountain water today. Mom, Brenna and I found this beautiful beach along a river in the Rockies on our way home last fall. I could have stayed there for ever.

I felt such joy while we we there walking in the ice cold water til my feet were numb, wondering what animal left which set of tracks. Looking for the perfect rock that had been battered by the waters to become a polished stone fit to take home to forever remember that place and that feeling. This picture reminds me that though my heart feels battered and bruised, it is because God is polishing me into a beautiful gemstone. 
Church was kind of like that this morning. It was a turning point kind of day. I went to bed last night knowing I needed to go to Sunday School this morning and I'm so glad I did. A couple planning on going into the mission field this fall was there to share with us. I haven't had an instant connection with someone like I did this morning in a long time. They shared a simple story of what it means to answer the calling of God. I related on so many levels. It was like a hug from God. Such a blessing. They had their infant son with them and I had the priviledge of holding him through the service so that mom and dad could have some time to just worship God and minister to our congregation. Another blessing. After church I had a few people ask how long I had known this family, the connection was just that clear. Love it!
I made the effort to reach out to a few people after church. It felt good, natural even. I am feeling more like myself than I have in quite sometime. I am not niave enough to think this is the end of the road for me. I will still have bad days where I want to hide from church. Days when I feel it's just not worth the effort but I am committed to get back on track and stay there. Not through my own power because well I know that doesn't work. It is only through Christ that I can do anything. So I what I'm saying is it's time to let Jesus do His thing.
I am starting a 180 day Bible reading plan tomorrow and I am going to start walking at 6:15 am every morning. Seriously? The Bible reading will probably be the harder part of that, not that walking will be a picnic either! But I know that I need to start my days with God and as I resonate with the Creator God, I need to spend time in His creation, worshipping while I walk. I plan to read first so that I have His words to think about.
This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years