back to 30 questions

I took a really long break from that 30 question list and it's bugging me that I haven't finished it so I guess I'll do a few more... if I can figure out where I was :)
Ah yes, the final 10 :)
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

Guess that makes today 3 significant memories from childhood... I've avoided this one for months to be honest... the memories that stick don't always seem to be the happy ones.

I remember the party my brothers threw in the parsonage the spring I was in grade 4 or 5, the dates are fuzzy but the details aren't. It changed my whole world. They probably don't know that and well if they read this I don't want them to feel guilty. But that day changed everything for me. That was the day I realized my family was broken, the first time my faith in God was shaken to the core. That was the day I decided I needed to be perfect. Significant, yes. Happy, no but it shaped who I am so it's part of me so I will never forget. And that's as much as I will blog about it...

I remember shucking corn in Ohio and watching my Grandpa Hoehnle run the machine that took the corn off the cob to make cream corn. It's my only memory of my Grandfather so I treasure it. I remember feeling special that he took the time to show me what he was doing and answering all my questions. When Dad drove me by that house a few years ago I was shocked at how small it was! It was so much bigger when I was 6 :)

One more huh? It's more of a teen age memory but it was mid September of my grade 10 year. I was walking down the walk way at the high school at the end of the day when this boy walked past me and patted me on the head and simply said 'Hi Shorty.' Another moment that changed my life. My heart flew to the moon that day and part of it stayed there. That boy was Bobby and that day was the day I realized he made my heart full and complete. I didn't understand it then but you see those first days of school I couldn't find Bobby anywhere. He wasn't in any of my classes, I hadn't seen him in the hallway, I didn't know where he was and I missed him. He was away on a cadet trip and started school late and that day when he found me? I felt like all was OK with the world again. It's not really any surprise that I married him is it? It was a few years before 'Hey Shorty' changed to 'I love you' but that feeling I get when he is around... still the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years