Why I love Basketball

Simply because my girl comes alive on the court. She is a fully connected with herself while on the court. She becomes a leader, a fighter and she has so much fun. She may not be the best at her sport but she never misses a practice and she works hard. It's great to see the hard work paying off in terms of baskets shot and points scored but more than that it's her confidence level. My once shy little Emily is now a light that fills a room. She even requested that we not go to the team supper with her last night! Made my heart glad!



 
And may I say her coaches are quite wonderful. Dee... my best friend from eons ago is one of her coaches. Now Dee is tattooed everywhere, smokes a lot and swears more than I like but she is teaching those girls that they can do anything. She yells at them and encourages them and convinces an opposing team to all but stop the game so the player who has never made a basket can take 20 shots until she scores her two points. She is an amazing woman and I am glad to call her friend. I have missed her much these past 20 years since high school and while I never would have thought she would end up a school councilor and ass't basket ball coach... I'm sure grateful she did!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years