Moving On

For the last decade or better I have been involved with Bible Camp. Anyone who knows me knows it's a great passion of mine. There is just nothing like being at camp surrounded by kids who are loving life and being loved on by those who just want to share Jesus with them. It is my greatest joy to be a part of that every summer as a camp speaker. I love to hang out and tell stories and share my life with campers and staff alike. Some of my best friends, young and old have come from those precious weeks at camp.

Anyway for many years I was very involved in EBC and for a lot of reasons that don't need to be rehashed I left the board about a year ago now. At the time it felt like I was cutting off my left arm or something. It had been such a huge part of my life for so long. I had cut my ministry teeth with this camp. It was so hard to let it go... only I didn't really let it go. I was still hanging onto it and not allowing myself to move on.

Well, that changed this past week. I had to choose between two camps to speak at, EBC and DVRC. I prayed and wrestled and fought and argued and came to the decision to say no to EBC. IT freed me in a way I didn't expect. Not that I won't always love and support EBC, it's just not where GOd wants to use me right now. He's a got a different plan.

Last summer I was asked to join the board of another camp in the area, KLBC. I said no but that I would continue to pray about it and when the time was right I'd come on board. The time was right this morning. It feels good to carry on in the ministry that God has called me too. I'm not sure what it will look like or how I will mesh with a new board but I'm excited to be a part of something that I believe in.

As time goes on I'm sure we will see why God pulled me from one team and put me on another :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years