Post 23 Just stuff

Random thoughts for this Monday morning

I learned yesterday that another friend from the past has passed away. I used to call her QuinnChick when she lived with us when I was a teenager. She was a whole lot of trouble but we loved her. The circumstances of her death at age 45 are very sad and I will be praying for her family as they sort everything out.

The Journey small group was good last night. I appreciate the discussion and openness we are developing. My favorite quote from this past week's homework is a simple sentence that totally captures my imagination. It comes from Eugene Peterson speaking of the Bible. "Story is the gospel way. Story isn't imposed on our lives; it invites us into its life. As we enter and imaginatively participate, we find ourselves in a more spacious, freer and more coherent world."

The quote of the week that challenges me most is just 4 words. Credit to Chuck Swindoll... "Meditation is disciplined thought." I think we spent a good chunk of our night discussing these four words. Why is it so difficult to focus on God's words. They give us life and hope and 1000 other things but we'd rather be thinking about what's for dinner? sigh. Thankfully we have some great practical ideas on how to work meditation into our daily lives. It will be a good exercise for sure.

We had a successful day yesterday reorganizing our house. I am amazed at how much we actually accomplished... a play area for Ellise,  a new sitting area in our master bedroom, a slightly revamped kitchen and living room. All in all I think we managed to do what we set out to do. We still have a ton of work to do but I don't feel so stuck anymore. I feel like we are going in a forward motion which is really a good thing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years