Post does it it even matter anymore... Hair Cut and Job Interview

So today was a big day.

I got my hair cut... It could have been a bigger deal but I opted to keep the same style that I've had forever and just really shorten it up. Next time I'll do something crazy and express my mid life crisis in a hair cut ;)

I had a job interview that I am fairly certain I bombed but I'm strangely ok with that. While it is a really great and interesting job, it may be more that I can handle right now. I might actually need a 'Walmart kind of job' to start this chapter of my life until I figure out what it really is that I want to do in life. Silly mid life crisis stuff, eh?

I baked cookies for Brenna to take to school tomorrow and find myself wishing, not for the first time, that I could make a living baking and spreading love with cookies. It is my love language after all... ;)

Going back a day or two I got the coolest gift from one of my best friends the other day. She just spent 7 weeks away in Spain walking the Camino. She brought me back the most delicate sterling silver shell earrings. Shells are a symbol of strength and hope on the Camino and she thought they would be perfect for me... she was correct. I love them. But even more I love that she thought of me in the midst of her journey and brought me back a gift that I will treasure forever and as a bonus, they don't irritate my ears!

Back to today... I was able to spend some good time working on my Journey homework and I found this paragraph just made my day! Let me quote the whole thing for you;

'In response to God's initiation, we must pay attention to the whole of our lives, searching for the places and events, roles and perspectives that connect our own lives to God's bigger picture. In short, we must learn to listen to our lives. Fortunately, we don't have very far to search, because his Spirit is moving within us, reminding us of the preparation times God has brought into our lives, helping us recall the points at which God has been calling us uniquely along the way. These many small moments of clarity have served to give us a little light for the next few steps.'

It's a paragraph that captures my imagination and makes me realize all over again how intricately God has put my life together and with great purpose.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years