Post 5 a day late but I said 'in 30 days' so I can play catch up... ;)

Yesterday was a day to be present in not to take time out to blog so here's a week-end wrap up...


Friday night, we had a couple of the honorary big brothers in for a supper and brownies so Anna could spend some time with them and say good bye. Always thankful for my three 'adopted' boys. It was nice to have Trav and Moose over but we sure missed big brother Stew. It was a night of laughter, hugs and silly jokes.

Sat has already been blogged about so go back and read it ;) Except for this one thing that's super important. As of this weekend, Anna's Encounter program is fully funded. All that she needs now is spending money to get her through the year. God's provision has been beyond amazing. The gifts and support given mean that many of you are a part of her journey and we thank you.


Sunday was a full day and there were so many special moments that my writing will not do justice too but they are moments that will be kept in my heart for years to come.

As I sat in church and realized that the next time I sit in 'my' pew, Anna won't be sitting in front of me. That's weird.

After church I was blessed to see Anna interacting with her church family, sharing hugs and sweet conversations. The hug given to her by Mr. Geil almost made me cry. It was so neat to watch as people said good-bye and wished her well. I think she was a bit overwhelmed but handled it with a grace and maturity that makes me proud.


We enjoyed an afternoon with Auntie Rosanne. She came to help Anna coordinate dress clothes and jewelry for the trip and of course to play photographer for us! We also enjoyed a visit with our dear friend Monica and Anna was happy to get good bye hugs from Ladan and Lee as well! That girls is blessed with amazing friends I tell you!


The two hours we spent taking pictures will be the sweetest memory of this season of good-bying I am certain. It was so fun to watch the girls goof off and play and create moments that will stay with them while they are apart.


My daughters are friends and that may be the greatest accomplishment of my life. I am ridiculously proud of them and their ability to just enjoy each other's company. They support each other's varied interests and allow each other the space to be different from the others. They are the best daughters I could ever dream of sharing life with. Bobby has played a tremendous role in raising these well adjusted amazing kids which probably goes without saying :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

Home