Question 3# Speaking of Parents...

Describe your relationship with your parents.
Well today is my dad's 71st birthday so this seems like a good day to blog about him! Ha ha


If I had to describe my relationship with dad in one word, it would be the word solid. I love my Papa. He has always been "my dad." Those two words say so much. He has been my mentor, my teacher, my bank ;) He has guided me through so many decisions in life. I enjoy the moments we get to share and appreciate his insight into life. He has taught me much about God's love and I love our theology discussions. Of course, there were times when I was younger that he just frustrated me to no end, that I felt he just didn't understand me and had no clue what I was going through but with age I see that my papa always had my best intrests at heart and he loves me always.
Today I am ever so grateful for the difficult relationship dad and I have. We don't always see eye to eye but I know his hug is never far away and he will make things better for me if he can. He is solid, that dad of mine.


My mama is my hero, the glue that holds our family together. The wise voice of advice to all her children. She is in a word... amazing. She is (and never was) too busy to talk or to help. I am who I am today because she is who she is. Having a mom that you know will be there no matter what sure gives a person a lot of confidence. I love that she is my friend and we can do all kinds of fun stuff together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years