Question 2

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
Hmmm... nothing like making you dig deep...


1) Fear of deep water- I was 14 and for a change my brothers asked me to come along and hang out with them and their buddies. We headed out to the dam to swim. Upto this day I was pretty fearless in the water I loved to swim and all that but on this day I was with the crowd and they were not neccessarily paying attention to me as much as they were their 'other' entertainment. I ended up slipping into a unexpected deep spot and could get my footing and nobody noticed! I finally got back on solid groud but not before the deep rooted fear of not being able to touch bottom was born. 24 years later I have not conquered the panic of not being able to find my footing in water.

2)  Fear of not being accepted- we moved a lot when I was a kid. It created a cycle of change and adapting that when we did stay in one place ( for the last 25 years!) I no longer really knew who I was and I had to figure it out. I still live in that place where I am worried that I will not live up to expectation or that I will dissappoint. I've come a really long way but it's still a struggle.

3) On the lighter side of things... Fear of Moths! Ha ha, not when they are where they belong but nothing freaks me out more than a moth flying around my head when I am trying to go to sleep! I'm not really sure why but I sure hate those things, it's about the only bug that will make me scream! lol I much prefer the butterflies :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September's Story

For Mrs D

50 Years